Accelerated Innovations, LLC seeks an Energy Efficiency Field Engagement Manager for a significant customer-facing role responsible for implementation of a Con Edison-sponsored commercial energy conservation program. This innovative, behavior-based energy efficiency program will target commercial office buildings in a concentrated area in New York City.
This program is modeled after the Smart Energy in Offices program, developed and managed by Accelerated Innovations in coordination with Duke Energy, which engages commercial office building operators and property managers across North and South Carolina to achieve energy savings in their facilities. (See www.smartenergyinoffices.com for more information and customer success stories.)
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Engagement Manager’s primary responsibility is to engage, develop, and maintain relationships with commercial building owners, managers, engineers, and tenants in Con Edison’s New York City territory. The ideal candidate also possesses technical proficiency with operations and maintenance best practices for commercial office buildings, including building automation systems (BAS), controls for HVAC systems, and lighting systems. The majority of the energy savings achieved by the program will come from working with facility managers and engineers to optimize the performance of these systems. Passion, knowledge, and experience working with energy efficiency initiatives is highly preferred.
The candidate should be comfortable working in an independent setting, be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment, and overcome challenges in a professional manner. As part of a larger project team, the candidate will be required to collaborate with clients and project partners on a regular basis to achieve measurable goals and deliverables. In doing so, the candidate will benefit from the resources of an innovative company that delivers comprehensive energy management customer engagement solutions via user-friendly, web-based platforms. The candidate will also enjoy the opportunity to engage with a range of industry innovators and motivated stakeholders that are committed to delivering a new approach to commercial building energy efficiency.
• Ensure successful recruitment and engagement of participating buildings and stakeholders (e.g., property managers, building operators, and tenant representatives). Provide onboarding presentations, deliver training on the program’s online engagement portal, and serve as a technical resource to educate and guide participants as part of targeted action campaigns; analyze building’s energy use data; plan for technical webinars and live forum events.
• Understand and communicate the essentials of energy efficiency in commercial office buildings while understanding the challenges of commercial office building operations and maintenance.
• Frequent meetings with customers at their facilities and other travel within the New York City area. Collaborate with project team on customer outreach, recruitment and targeting strategy. Work with partners to develop a strategic and prioritized list of customers. Provide feedback on marketing as it relates to the customer experience.
• Meet with clients and deliver presentations to clients, allies, stakeholders, tenant, and/or senior management at the facility. Successfully execute best practices in customer relationship engagement and management such as concise written communications, comfort with being in the field most days, persuasive presentations to multiple parties to take action, and consistently track customer engagement in the program CRM system while following up regularly.
• Maintain a proactive, adaptive spirit and an eye for the overall success and goals of the program.
• Report on progress to project team members weekly.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Business, Property Management or Development, Engineering, Energy, Environmental Science, or a related field.
• At least three to five years of experience in a customer-facing role within at least one of the following business areas (or closely related):
o Commercial office energy, facility, or resource management
o Utility, Energy Services Company, etc.
o Energy efficiency or related products or services
o Lighting, HVAC, or building envelope technology or systems
o ENERGY STAR, LEED, etc.
• Ability to articulate the business case for energy efficiency along with standard, key energy efficiency metrics.
• Clear understanding of operational factors affecting energy use in commercial buildings, including building design, operations, maintenance, lighting and HVAC systems. (An engineering background is not required, but relevant certifications like CEM, BOC, etc. are highly desired).
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
• Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
• Solid outreach, solicitation, and customer management skills.
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, stakeholders, and outside clients and vendors.
• Creative problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions, using all available resources.
• Patience and persistence in working with multiple stakeholders toward common goals.
Additional Salary Information: Accelerated Innovations offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Accelerated Innovations (AI) works with utilities to transform data into actions that strengthen communities and eliminate waste. AI provides dynamic web-based software platforms that help utility customers understand and engage with energy-use information and energy management resources, and delivers energy efficiency programs that focus on energy-saving behaviors and optimization of building ene...rgy performance. With automated notifications, alerts and personalized energy challenges, AI’s engagement platforms put insight and engagement front and center. Program participants benefit from the ability to contribute positively to their community and environment by providing an ownership role and insight into resource management.
AI is headquartered in St. Paul, MN and has additional field staff based in Denver, CO and Raleigh-Durham, NC.